- Soak Imli (TAMARIND ) 1 small cup in warm water (desired quantity of water or 1 cup) for 2 /3 hours.
- mash Imli in water with hand or help of a flat spoon thoroughly.
- Sieve and drain the water and pulp with help of big net strainer.
- use this thick water as you require or boil it till it gets thick -cool on room temperature and store in fridge for later use .
VARIATION FOR ALL PURPOSE SWEET CHUTNEY (SAOUNTH )
- 1 Large Cup Fresh Tamarind Pulp.
- 1 Cup deseeded dates.
- 1 Tea Spoon dry ginger powder.
- 1 Tea Spoon mixed melon seeds.
- 1 Tea Spoon Black salt. (pink color- or u can use conman salt too)
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar (or more according to taste)
- 50 grm Jaggery (gudd)
- mix all ingredients together except salt & melon seeds.
- Bring To a Boil and simmer till start little thickening & Jaggary is dissolved fully.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool on Room Temperature.
- Add Melon Seeds and salt.
- Store In A * Glass jar.
- use as required on Dahi bhalla- Golgappa-Panipuri-Phuchkas-Chaat-Paprri-Bheal Puri-Khakra etc etc.
- Add fresh pomigranate gems on the portion you are to consume same day .It enhance the taste .